Mission Trips 2020
Take an adventure of a lifetime and discover your part in the vision of lasting joy for every child at the same time. Pathway to Joy Ministries offers 10-day mission trips to Romania, filled with unique serving opportunities, breathtaking views and a life changing experience. You can even make unforgettable memories with your church or small group or even a completely new group of friends.
“This is pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father, to visit orphans and widows in their distress.”
God is faithful to do His work, not only in the lives of Romanians, but in you too! To speak of God’s faithfulness, here is a story by a previous team member who stepped out in faith and served with us here in Romania:
I was not looking forward to this day from the start. Somewhat cluttered with anxiety and selfishness that I was called to shampoo and de-lice a little gypsy girls’ hair, I felt I was justifiably anxious that I too might be a victim of the same. Still, however, memories of Mary Magdalene who literally washed Jesus’ feet with her own tears and hair flooded my mind, and my conviction over the whole mix tossed a blow to my own morale and motives. And, that conviction was exactly where Jesus wanted my mind, and heart, to be in order to follow answered prayers to change my heart anew and love on the girls at the doorstep of my heart’s transformation.
Little Florina approached me at the stool with her bundle of matted brown hair wafting all the way down to below her shoulders, her eternal smile fixating on my mind and soul. She was a bundle of joy as she jubilantly approached my chair to have her hair washed and cleaned “for the very first time”, the translator admitted, since the eight years of Florina’s tiny existence. Florina never used shampoo a single time before, much less a brush to comb her own hair, and so the attention that was suddenly placed on her was a moment she had never received. Gypsies were despised and even hated by the Romanian population, and Florina had even been forgotten and neglected by her own immediate family.
The Holy Spirit then presented His love into my heart, convicting me through utter compassion of the heart to finally revel in washing and cleansing the very hair of the forgotten girl at my transcendent heart. Just as the woman that washed the feet of a selfless Jesus who eventually died for my own sins, I came to a revelation that through selfless giving, only love can be instilled for Florina as the little girl rejoiced in being loved on by me and Christ’s heart.
How can I sign up for a mission trip?
- Fill out the first steps form so we can get to know you!
- We will send you various mission trips opportunities and dates along with your application.
- Fill out your application and send it to email@example.com
- Once your application is approved, we will provide you will all the information you need, from packing lists to fundraising ideas for your trip.
Your payment for the base cost of your 10-day trip is $1,550 not including airfare. This amount can be made in installments.
Check out our Trip FAQ’s and Fine Print for more details.
For even more information or questions, please contact Karen Bucur at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jesus said, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
First Steps Form
Please Provide Your Information
Why Send Short-Term Mission Teams?
Short-term mission teams are vital to further the on-going work of our ministry. As you step out in faith, your efforts will make a long-term impact! By design, our short-term teams complement and supplement our existing long-term work. In addition to this, we are seeking long-term friendships and partnerships with our short-term mission teams. We pray you would join with us on an on-going basis to help fulfill the vision the Lord has given us for this ministry!
Are mission trips really effective?
We can only speak for Pathway to Joy (PTJM) mission trips of course, but the unequivocal answer is yes! Our mission trippers must work with either a PTJM church plant or other PTJM long-term project. The 2-week trip involves a valued partnership with a local indigenous ministry.
Who can go?
We are primarily looking for people who desire to be a servant. If you have a servant heart, are flexible, and willing to follow your team leader, you will have a great missions experience. Our trips are not “cushy” sightseeing trips. If a nice hotel with all the amenities is a must – our trips are not for you.
What are the requirements to go?
You must be in good health, a born again Christian able to relate how you got saved, have a pastor or church reference, and be at least 15 years of age. You must fill out a mission trip application and be accepted by PTJM for the mission trip/ project you are applying for.
What does it cost and how can I raise the support?
Mission trips with PTJM cost around $1,550 plus round-trip airfare. This includes your visas, translator services, and most meals. Your friends, family, church, and others may donate to PTJM to help cover your participation costs. Their donations are tax deductible and are non-refundable. At PTJM we believe in the philosophy “where the Lord guides the Lord provides” – however, people must know you are going on a trip so they can pray for you and support you. You let people know you are going by writing letters, having personal conversations, showing slides and sharing collected information on your destination country, etc. As you are faithful, the Lord will provide through His people. Try it!
What happens if I cancel?
All support monies donated up to the time of your cancellation are non-refundable. If you must cancel, PTJM will use the donated funds toward the project/mission trip for which it was given.
Why can’t I get a refund?
PTJM treats each mission trip as a mission project. People are needed to fulfil the purposes of the mission project. Thus, the cost of participation in a project is tax deductible but the donations to provide your participation are non-refundable because they go to the project.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us!
- Mission trips are priced without roundtrip airfare (some exceptions). Departures points are usually from a major international airport such as Miami, Atlanta, Boston, New York or Los Angeles.
- All Mission trips must be paid in full 15 days prior to departure.
- No travel changes are allowed from the itinerary. Due to IRS rules, no personal travel may be combined with the trip.
- PTJM arranges travel for you or your group including airlines, ground transportation, translators, transfers, and coordination/planning of the mission outreach.
- Teams are led by experienced leaders and missionaries.
- Trip (donations) are non-refundable. This means that if you cannot go on the mission trip, but you are “paid in full,” then the funds donated on your behalf will be applied to that particular team or project unless otherwise approved by PTJM. Support may be transferred to another person as approved by PTJM.
- A deposit of $100 per person is required with your application.
- You must have your passport at least 60 days prior to departure. Most countries require that a passport be valid for at least six months beyond the completion of a trip. If your passport expires sooner than that, you must apply to renew your passport.
- You may get sponsorship from others. All gifts on your behalf are tax deductible and non-refundable.